Each year the Community Foundation awards grants for charitable purposes through a competitive grantmaking process. Applications for competitive grants must align with the strategic priorities of the CFGF Board of Trustees. The funding priority areas are education, health and human services, Flint neighborhoods, and community development.
2022 Grant Information Session
Grant Information Session Slide Deck
Other Funding Areas
Over the years, donors have given legacy gifts that endow a “field of interest.” We accept grant proposals in the field of interest areas noted below:
- Health: to address current health issues including maternal, infant and children’s health, mental health, and end of life care.
- Youth: to support charitable projects that benefit youth in Genesee County.
- Beautification and historic preservation: to provide support to organizations designed to make the City of Flint a more physically and culturally attractive place to live.
- Women and girls: to encourage the advancement and full participation of women and girls in society by promoting the removal of barriers to their economic, educational, physical, emotional, social, artistic and personal growth.
- Geographic focus area of Clio, Davison, Fenton, Flushing and Grand Blanc: to support charitable programs that benefit residents in these areas.
NSGP Mini Grant Final Report Form