Gen Forward Network
Gen Forward is a young philanthropic giving circle that lets members pool their money and make a positive impact in Genesee County through grants to nonprofits.
Formed in 2013, Gen Forward was created by a group of community leaders and the Community Foundation of Greater Flint to encourage philanthropy among mid career professionals. Since its inception, Gen Forward has had over 165 members and has provided $87,548.58 in grants to local community groups and initiatives.
Who We Are
We are a network of 100 emerging philanthropists working for the greater good of Genesee County.
What We Do
100 members contribute to a common grantmaking pool to support annual grants in a focus area of their own choosing.
- To increase the impact of our charitable dollars by learning and working together
- To be involved in addressing the needs of our community
- To continue the community’s legacy of generosity by fostering a new generation of philanthropists
- Share a commitment to working together for the benefit of Genesee County
- Reside anywhere, join at any time
- Sustaining gift of $25/month to the membership fund
- Network and learn from several leaders through a “Philanthropy Speaks” leadership series.
- Grant $30,000 back to community, which is twice the average amount of grants given from the Gen Forward Network in the past six years.
- Participate with other members in a day of service with a former Gen Forward grantees.
Contact the Community Foundation of Greater Flint to join today!