Clio Area Community Fund
The Clio Area Community Fund supports a broad area of interests including arts and culture, community development, health and human services, and recreation.
A local advisory committee meets throughout the year to review grant applications and advise funding to nonprofits that exclusively benefit the City of Clio, Thetford Township and Vienna Township.
In 1991, the Clio Area Community Fund was established under the leadership of Alice Boyse, John Engelhart and Otis Stout. Miss Boyse was the first woman mayor of Clio and also served as a Community Foundation trustee from 1994-1995. Together, Alice, John and Otis conducted a fund raising drive that netted over $5,000 to establish the Clio Area Community Fund.
Clio Advisory Committee
- Kent Kern, Chair
- Cary Engelhart, Vice Chair
- Gary Barthel
- Nicholas Belill
- Gregg C. Carrier
- Martin L. Cousineau, D.C.
- Roger Gedcke
- Leesa Lee
- Patrick McGuire
- Kendra Reynolds
- John Scott Roark
- Bethany Slone
- Carol Waner
- Marlene Wilson
We Are Proud to Support These Great Nonprofits
- Clio Area Fire Authority
- Clio Area Schools
- Clio Area Seniors, Inc.
- Clio Cast & Crew
- Clio Center for the Arts
- Clio Police Department
- Vienna Township Business Development Authority
Endowed Funds associated with the Clio Area Community Fund
- Alice L. Boyse Community Fund
- Alice L. Boyse Scholarship Fund
- Clio Area Education Fund
- Clio Area Historical Association Fund of John and Clarice Engelhart
- Clio Area Youth Initiative Program Fund
- Clio Veterans Memorial Park Endowment Fund
- Katherine A. Jones Fund
- Marian F. Langworthy and J. Kelly Lugger Scholarship Fund
- Latture Family Fund
- Donald E. and Judy M. Lee Fund