Greater Flint Urgent Relief Fund
The Greater Flint Urgent Relief Fund has been established by a coalition of philanthropic, government and business partners to quickly coordinate and deploy resources to nonprofit organizations in the Greater Flint area that are working with communities disproportionately affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
About the Fund
Established by the Community Foundation of Greater Flint in partnership with United Way of Genesee County, the Greater Flint Urgent Relief Fund will award grants on a regular basis to nonprofits that are addressing the gaps that are surfacing in key services for our most vulnerable community members. The Community Foundation and United Way will work to ensure the Fund has maximum scope and impact. The Fund Partners encourage institutions, companies and other donors to contribute to the Fund.
"So glad that we were able to make a small contribution towards the overwhelming need during this difficult time. Thank you so much for providing us with an opportunity to help out! People like you and many others who are working at the foundation and many other organizations are real heroes! -- Monal Talati, President, Chinmaya Mission Flint
Genesee County nonprofit organizations may access the grant application and submission information here. Our goal is to be as nimble and flexible as possible in ensuring that critical services are received by those most at risk in our community.
We have refined the Fund’s strategic priorities to address the following:
- Food Insecurity and Basic Needs
- Masks / PPE for the community
- COVID-19 Testing
- Messaging health education information at the grassroots level to ensure equity in dispersing information to the most vulnerable populations.
The Fund Champions:
Community Foundation of Greater Flint
Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
Ruth Mott Foundation
United Way of Genesee County
City of Flint
Cops & Robbers
Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
Hurley Medical Center
Neithercut Family Fund of CFGF
Inquiries about the Fund:
For general questions about the Relief Fund, please direct your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For interested philanthropic and business partners, please contact our Transitional Vice President of Development, Karima Amlani, at email@example.com or 810.767.3653.
For media inquiries, please contact our Director of Communications, Mary Jo Herbig, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For grant inquiries, please contact our Grants Administrator, Stephanie Whitledge at email@example.com.
Applying for a Grant:
Required Basic Eligibility Criteria:
- To be selected for funding, applicants must be legally incorporated with IRS 501(c)3 status or be a governmental or religious organization with a clear, charitable purpose.
- This fund does not grant to individuals.
- Grants for sectarian religious purposes or any religious activities are not eligible.
- Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Completed applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions can be directed to: Stephanie Whitledge, Grants Administrator, at 810-767-3505 or email@example.com
Access the grant application here. Completed applications can be summitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit the final report for a Greater Flint Urgent Relief Fund grant here.
Access Frequently Asked Questions.