2023 End of Year Charitable Giving Deadlines
The end of the year is approaching and we at the Community Foundation of Greater Flint are committed to making your year-end giving and grantmaking from your donor advised fund as simple and easy as possible. Please review these deadlines to ensure that all your gifts and grants intended for 2023 are completed.
Year-end office hours
- Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Fridays 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- The Community Foundation office will be closed on December 25th.
- The Community Foundation of Greater Flint is ready to help you complete your year-end charitable giving, with our staff available to provide answers and process transactions until the last day of the year. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions by calling 810-767-8270.
Year-end Charitable Giving Deadlines
The Community Foundation of Greater Flint is pleased to assist you with your year-end charitable giving deadlines. So that we can provide the best possible service please keep these important dates in mind:
- Gifts of appreciated stock should be made by December 26, 2023. Notify Amy Krug, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to initiating the transfer.
- Checks sent via the U.S. Postal Service must be postmarked on or before December 31, 2023.
- Local Post Offices will be open. They may have extended, normal, or limited hours: Check your local Post Office location for specific hours.
- Checks sent via carriers such as FedEx, UPS, and DHL must be physically received at our office on or before Friday, December 29, 2023. You may schedule a time to drop your gift or leave it in the drop box in our lobby during our regular business hours.
- Wire transfers of cash must be initiated no later than December 27, 2023. Please notify Amy Krug, Director of Development, at email@example.com of the pending transfer.
- Credit card gifts made by phone during our regular business hours, call 810.767.8270
- Credit card gifts can be made anytime online until December 31, 2023.
Year-end grant recommendations
Donor advised fund holders may wish to recommend grants as part of year-end campaigns or holiday contributions. For 2023 giving, recommendations should be made by noon on Friday, December 1st. Gifts will be processed as 2023 advised grants but may not be received by the grantee before year end if submitted after December 1st.